Saturday, 20 October 2012

Post 5 - IT'S OFFICAL: I'M A MARKET LOVER!

Vintage clothing at Old Spitalfields Market
 
My mother has always loved this kind of markets - those that are true treasure chests for antique, used and creative things. She likes to stroll around there on weekends, sometimes to find a bargain or just to look, delighted by the things she saw. To be honest, as against her I used to hate them. I could not see anything beautiful within the mountains of bulk rubbish and clothing drives, as this was what they seemed to be for me. And I didn't join my mum on her market visits if it could be avoided anyhow.
However, since I have come to London, my mind about that has changed quite a lot. Incredibly, I have turned into a market lover. But how couldn't I? For London's hundreds of markets are amazing, each of them in their own way, and far bigger treasure chests than the markets at home. No matter if you search for food, furniture, cheap clothing and accessories, trendy vintage items or cool handmade stuff by indie designers, you will find it there.
Today, I went to Old Spitalfields Market on Commercial Street, mainly because the Pop-Up Vintage Fair should visit the Victorian market halls this Sunday. There's nothing better than a vintage cloth, in trend again and so unique no-one else on earth will ever wear it, right? I just couldn't get enough of strolling around between all those stands and passed each of them at least three times.
Anyway, I didn't buy anything today although there were admittedly cool items to buy (as you can see in the pictures). But eventually other gorgeous things than old trendy clothes could be found on the market's stands. I especially fell in love with the Gia London clutch bags, handmade by Najia Alavi, designer of the brand. I will definitely come back and buy one of those unique belles soon!
This was a nice Saturday at Old Spitalfields Market and I would definitely recommend it as enjoyable for the weekend (nonetheless, it is open during the week as well). And as I still have at least three years here in London, I will surely be able to check out all the other great markets of this dream city, too. I never would have thought it, but now it's official: I am a market lover!

Quality leather goods for a good price
Gorgeous clutch bags I fell in love with by Gia London
Another Gia London clutch bag. I just couldn't decide between this cool and big one made of smooth cow leather and the gold one in the other picture (same material). Any advice?
A cute rabbit between lots of delicious looking cupcakes

1 comment:

  1. those cupcakes look delicious!
    http://www.asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete